Hire Counsel is seeking paralegal candidates with a minimum of 3 years experience within a financial services company or a law firm to work with our client, a national bank located in Boston, MA. Qualified candidates will have experience with bank litigation. Knowledge of laws governing deposit account claims and fraud as well as experience with UCC, articles 3 and 4 is preferred.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
This position will provide legal support for deposit account claims and fraud issues in the Retail Bank. Under supervision of attorneys, the paralegal will: (1) handle customer issues relating to deposit accounts, safe boxes, and fraud; (2) research and analyze issues under applicable law and policy; (3) provide clear written and oral responses to internal clients, risk partners, customers, and attorneys; (4) support investigation and analysis of pre-litigation adverse claims; and (5) perform legal research and analysis of state and federal banking laws utilizing Lexis/Westlaw, the Internet, and law library resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must demonstrate an ability to consider and obtain all relevant facts and context when presented with a claim or issue, perform an accurate legal analysis and provide a well reasoned legal response or solution. Be able to separate legal issues from business concerns.
- Writing samples will be requested, and the candidate should be prepared to supply sample reflecting analytical ability and communication skill.
- Experience working in a law firm handling bank litigation claims including assisting with providing an appropriate legal response to claims, issues and allegations.
- Experience with The Uniform Commercial Code, articles 3 and 4 as well as knowledge of laws governing deposit account claims and fraud a plus
- 4 year college degree or paralegal certificate
- Paralegal must be capable of handling multiple tasks with pressing deadlines, managing a substantial workload and client expectations, and interacting with associates, management at all levels, and outside counsel (both representing the bank and adverse to the bank). Paralegal must demonstrate initiative and the ability to work independently. Due to the location of clients throughout the country, paralegal must be able to accommodate deadlines extending beyond normal business hours in her/his location.
- Start Date: 7/30/2012
- Duration: 7 months
- Pay Rate: $20-$22/hr
- Schedule: M-F, 8:30-5:00. Overtime as needed
- Location: Boston, MA
- Equity participation through Employee Stock Ownership Plan, provided meeting plan requirements
- Highly competitive hourly rates/compensation
- Direct Deposit
- Medical, Dental, Disability Insurance among others
- Holiday Pay
- Bonus Pay
About Hire Counsel
Hire Counsel is proud to be a 100% employee owned company through the HCMC Legal, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). This unique corporate structure allows for equity participation by our temporary employees through the ESOP, provided they meet the Plan requirements. As a qualifying employee, you will become part of a growing family of legal contract professionals participating in a precedent setting employee benefit.
The ESOP benefit is in addition to our generous benefits packages including medical, dental and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, as well as holiday and bonus pay.
At Hire Counsel we take great pride in the professional, courteous and congenial manner in which we work with all of our employees. We recognize our success is due to the efforts of our talented pool of hardworking temporary employees.
Hire Counsel is a national legal staffing organization dedicated to providing our clients with the finest candidates available. We keep this promise by offering our candidates an industry-leading benefits package and by hiring smart, experienced staff, all of whom are attorneys and paralegals committed to responsive, active service.
All resumes are held in strict confidence. We NEVER forward your resume anywhere without obtaining your authorization first.
How To Apply
Please use the apply online feature or send your resume via email as a MSWord attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org