Our client, a government agency in Washington, DC is seeking temporary paralegals for a long term position. We are seeking focused, detail oriented candidates for this project. Candidates with a JD are preferred but a strong litigation paralegal will be considered if they have a paralegal certificate. Our client is seeking candidates to assist with tracking responses to the subpoenas, logging productions, organizing and preparing documents for scanning, and assisting in the preparation of hearings and depositions.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send your resume via email as a MS Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Qualified candidates will be required to pass standard government background check, including but not limited to credit evaluation
• Prefer a JD degree for this Paralegal position; however for a VERY strong Paralegal candidate a PARALEGAL CERTIFICATE IS REQUIRED
• Minimum 1 year of heavy litigation experience required (Trial experience is preferred)
• Automated litigation support experience is also preferred
• Solid communication skills
• Knowledge of Concordance and Case Map databases is desirable
• Must have experience in all areas of document control and all relevant matters
• Should have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications.
• Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
Job duties will include:
• Organizing documents and assisting in document production,
• Assisting in preparing responses to written discovery,
• Reviewing and summarizing depositions and related class action/private securities testimony and exhibits, and
• Preparing deposition exhibits, and assisting in all facets of trial preparation (i.e. Bluebooking and cite-checking)
• Start Date: Within the next 3-4 weeks, pending background check
• Schedule: Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week
• Duration: 6+ months
• Pay Rate: $24.95 per hour
- Equity participation through Employee Stock Ownership Plan, provided meeting plan requirements
- Highly competitive hourly rates/compensation
- Direct Deposit
- Medical, Dental, Disability Insurance among others
- Holiday Pay
- Bonus Pay
About Hire Counsel
Hire Counsel is proud to be a 100% employee owned company through the HCMC Legal, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). This unique corporate structure allows for equity participation by our temporary employees through the ESOP, provided they meet the Plan requirements. As a qualifying employee, you will become part of a growing family of legal contract professionals participating in a precedent setting employee benefit.
The ESOP benefit is in addition to our generous benefits packages including medical, dental and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, as well as holiday and bonus pay.
At Hire Counsel we take great pride in the professional, courteous and congenial manner in which we work with all of our employees. We recognize our success is due to the efforts of our talented pool of hardworking temporary employees.
Hire Counsel is a national legal staffing organization dedicated to providing our clients with the finest candidates available. We keep this promise by offering our candidates an industry-leading benefits package and by hiring smart, experienced staff, all of whom are attorneys and paralegals committed to responsive, active service.
All resumes are held in strict confidence. We NEVER forward your resume anywhere without obtaining your authorization first.
How To Apply
Please use the apply online feature or send your resume via email as a MSWord attachment to: email@example.com