Hire Counsel is currently seeking experienced paralegal candidates to assist with a complex securities litigation matter. Qualified candidates MUST have a paralegal certificate and experience with the following responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain case files, including use of electronic database and document management software
- Enter data into computerized systems
- Obtain, organize and maintain documents in electronic and hard copy formats
- Review and summarize documents
- Search electronic databases and the Internet
- Create and maintain spreadsheets and other summaries of financial and other data
- Review case materials to become familiar with issues
- Interview potential witnesses and prepare summary interview reports for attorney review
- Prepare and organize trial exhibits, as required, such as statistical charts
- Verify citations and legal references on prepared legal documents
- Prepare summaries of testimony and depositions
- Draft non-legal memoranda, research reports and correspondence relating to cases
- Copy documents
- Concordance / Lexis Nexus
The physical requirements of the position include fairly frequent standing, walking, bending, lifting and carrying boxes. Candidates should also be highly proficient with Word, Excel, Concordance, Casemap, Westlaw and Lexis-Nexus. This is an excellent opportunity to work on interesting and challenging matters with a successful team of lawyers.
- MUST be a US citizen
- Minimum 1-2 years litigation experience from a recognized law firm
- MUST have a paralegal certificate
- Trial experience highly preferred
- Must live in (or be willing to commute to) New York
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as Lexis-Nexis and Westlaw
- Start Date: Next 1-2 weeks
- Duration: expected 6+ months
- Pay Rate: $26/hour
- Schedule: 40 hours per week, 5 Days per week
- Equity participation through Employee Stock Ownership Plan, provided meeting plan requirements
- Highly competitive hourly rates/compensation
- Direct Deposit
- Medical, Dental, Disability Insurance among others
- Holiday Pay
- Bonus Pay
About Hire Counsel
Hire Counsel is proud to be a 100% employee owned company through the HCMC Legal, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). This unique corporate structure allows for equity participation by our temporary employees through the ESOP, provided they meet the Plan requirements. As a qualifying employee, you will become part of a growing family of legal contract professionals participating in a precedent setting employee benefit.
The ESOP benefit is in addition to our generous benefits packages including medical, dental and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, as well as holiday and bonus pay.
At Hire Counsel we take great pride in the professional, courteous and congenial manner in which we work with all of our employees. We recognize our success is due to the efforts of our talented pool of hardworking temporary employees.
Hire Counsel is a national legal staffing organization dedicated to providing our clients with the finest candidates available. We keep this promise by offering our candidates an industry-leading benefits package and by hiring smart, experienced staff, all of whom are attorneys and paralegals committed to responsive, active service.
All resumes are held in strict confidence. We NEVER forward your resume anywhere without obtaining your authorization first.
How To Apply
Please use the apply online feature or send your resume via email as a MSWord attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org