Experienced Litigation Paralegal- Long Term Position
Our client, a government agency in Washington, DC is seeking a temporary paralegal for a long term position. We are seeking focused, detail oriented candidates who have a paralegal certificate for this project. Our client is seeking paralegal candidates to assist with all aspects of trial preparation.
Please use the apply online feature at www.hirecounsel.com or send your resume via email as a MS Word attachment to: email@example.com.
If you have previously registered with us, please contact your recruiter directly to discuss this opportunity!
- Qualified candidates will be required to pass standard government background check, including but not limited to credit evaluation
- The qualified candidates will have paralegal certificate.
- At least 1 year of litigation paralegal experience required
- Trial experience is preferred
- Automated litigation support experience is also preferred
- Solid communication skills
- Knowledge of Concordance and Case Map databases required
- Must have basic legal knowledge, including knowledge of standard legal citation system sufficient to perform basic legal research.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and WestLaw.
- Should have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
Job duties will include:
- maintenance and control of documents produced in various collections actions, including document inventory
- indexing of all documents (and by particular witnesses, issues, and subpoenas), maintenance of the integrity of originals and copy sets
- assisting attorneys in the gathering (including computer searches) and review of documents provided to substantiate potential defendants’ financial condition
- other document control matters and general assistance, including document tracking and retrieval, maintenance of certain files, copying as necessary to support the above efforts
- assisting in all aspects of litigation including the drafting of discovery requests, subpoenas, motions, memoranda, and providing legal research
- Start Date: Within the next few weeks, pending background check
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week
- Duration: 6+ months
- Pay Rate: $23- $25 per hour
- Equity participation through Employee Stock Ownership Plan, provided meeting plan requirements
- Highly competitive hourly rates/compensation
- Direct Deposit
- Medical, Dental, Disability Insurance among others
- Holiday Pay
- Bonus Pay
About Hire Counsel
Hire Counsel is proud to be a 100% employee owned company through the HCMC Legal, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). This unique corporate structure allows for equity participation by our temporary employees through the ESOP, provided they meet the Plan requirements. As a qualifying employee, you will become part of a growing family of legal contract professionals participating in a precedent setting employee benefit.
The ESOP benefit is in addition to our generous benefits packages including medical, dental and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, as well as holiday and bonus pay.
At Hire Counsel we take great pride in the professional, courteous and congenial manner in which we work with all of our employees. We recognize our success is due to the efforts of our talented pool of hardworking temporary employees.
Hire Counsel is a national legal staffing organization dedicated to providing our clients with the finest candidates available. We keep this promise by offering our candidates an industry-leading benefits package and by hiring smart, experienced staff, all of whom are attorneys and paralegals committed to responsive, active service.
All resumes are held in strict confidence. We NEVER forward your resume anywhere without obtaining your authorization first.
How To Apply
Please use the apply online feature or send your resume via email as a MSWord attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org